15.12.10

Walking Again!

I went to the Dr. today about my foot.  I was totally surprised to find out that I can now walk without my boot.  Originally the Dr. told me that I was going to be in the boot until February so I was ecstatic.  I got home and first thing, I took off the boot.  I started walking but noticed this strange overcompensation from lack of the depth of the sole of my boot.  I got used to walking crooked and now my feet are even and it's weird. LOL  It is a little uncomfortable.  The Dr. told me tat it would take a while to integrate walking without the boot again.  There is a tingling sensation almost like I can't feel my foot when I walk, so I am a little nervous for the bad weather and making sure I don't slip on any ice.  Who am I kidding?  I am so excited I can hardly stand it.  Just thought I would share my little bit of good news.

5 comments:

JJ and Cody said...

that's so exciting even if you do have to hobble around! merry christmas to your foot!

Connie said...

THIS ISSSSS FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!

Amber D. said...

Awesome news! What a great Christmas present! : ). I must admit, I felt the same way sort of. I was pregnant and couldn't see my feet for 3 months! When you're done being pregnant it's hard to get use to walking around with a different depth perception, like overcompensating for spaces you think you might not fit into (lol) but, back to you, I'm sure you will be back to being a walking pro in no time. Until then just make sure you take it easy! NO running! lol

Amber D. said...

Sorry, I didn't explain, I mean the depth perception is different because your huge belly is gone. : )

Adrienne said...

Awesome to hear those boot things are just a pain in the backside...I am doing well thanks for asking in the last reply I am attempting to get back to my regular blog rounds