16.12.10

The little things!

I used to have a meme (blog hop) called Fab Friday Newz, which was all about the simple things in life that bring us joy.  I haven't done a Fab Friday Newz post in about a year, but today I wanted to share a smiple joy with you.  For the first time in 5 months I got to have a shower.  It's not like I didn't shower for 5 months, LOL!  I just had to sit down.  Do you know how hard that really is???  I mean not the sitting part, but showering while you are sitting?  It's trickier than one might think.  Back to the subject at hand, today I had a real standup shower.  My foot was killing me by the end, but I made it and it was fabulous.

In the spirit of Fab Friday Newz I will share another fun tidbit with you.  The roads here got kind of icy, so I don't have to work until tomorrow.  That is exciting!   A little thing that made me oh so excited!  My boss is super understanding about bad weather.  I work about a half an hour away and anytime the weather channel predicts some sort of icy/snowy conditions we push work off a day.

Another fun thing... I got some awesome new perfume called Koi.  It's from the tattooed line by inky.  It was a steal!  I also got some new PJs for super cheap and a pair of jeans for next to nothing.  I love bargain shopping and finding great stuff for little money.  I've been sporting the perfume everyday since.  I am not one to wear perfume everyday, but it sure makes me feel feminine and pretty.  Funny how something so little can do so much.

Finally, I thought I would end things with one of my favorite songs in total tribute to the prior Fab Friday Newz meme, may it rest in peace.  I would love hearing your Fab Friday Newz... man I miss this meme.  So fun finding out the little joys that make your world go round.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love looking for the little things to appreciate. Sometimes we get so lost in achieving the big things we forget how important the little things are..

Shannon said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I look forward to reading more of your posts :o)

Shell said...

I need to remember to appreciate the little things more often.

Olivia said...

Little things make a big difference! Thanks for visiting Of Such is the Kingdom, and I am following you now too!

Kelly@MentalGarbage said...

Thanks for stopping by! Hope your foot is healing up nicely!!

maggy, red ted art said...

Thank you for stopping by over at REd Ted Art! Lovely to "Meet you"!!!

And I agree - we must never forget the little things in life! Thank you

Maggy
(and am following now!)

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

Stand-up showering sounds quite worthy of joy - congrats!

Anonymous said...

I've never thought about it, but sitting down to shower would drive me crazy!!