12.9.10

Mommas in town

I know I haven't posted in a while.  I've been trying to deal with my foot, and depression caused by said foot.  Most things in my life have been put on hold.  It's been kinda crazy and not fun at all.  I wish I could go back in time and just not fall down the stairs.  I wonder what I would be doing right now if I hadn't broke my foot.  What all could I have accomplished in the past 6 weeks?  I can't imagine the next 4.5 mos, it's depressing to think about.  I know I sound totally negative right now, but I am allowed to do that every now and then.  I stay pretty positive most of the time, so a slip here and there is allowed. :)  Truly, I am so grateful that my injury wasn't worse.  And I am so thankful for the help I've received.  

On to amazing things... my mom is in town and I love that lady.  She is so fun.  I am hoping to get to spend a little time with her alone.  That is if everyone leaves her alone.  I can't help that my mom is so much fun and every time she comes to town I have to fight for her attention.  It's not really like that, but truly all these people wanna see her, and shes not even here for a week. I haven't taken any pics yet.  I better get on that and post a few.  

An update on my foot.  It still hurts, but it's doing much better.  I have a follow up appt in a week from wed.  I hope I get some kind of good news, but I am not counting on it. I still have quite a bit of numbness in my toes.  The swelling has gone way down, and the incision looks a lot better.  I just want to walk again!!!!  Sorry I haven't posted in a while.  I will try to do better!

3 comments:

viewfromdownhere said...

It's always good to have the mom around, especially when you're not feeling well! Hope your foot is healing well!

viewfromdownhere said...

It's always good to have the mom around, especially when you're not feeling well! Hope your foot is healing well!

Unknown said...

Is your mom still with you? If not, I hope you got some good time in w/ her and that you are doing better. You should also talk to your doctor about the depression....you've had a lot of big changes. Which reminds me, we still need to talk.

When you have a minute, will you come over to my blog and read my new post? I really want to talk to you, but I know you are going through so much right now....

xoxo
erin