17.4.10

How to Number Comments In Blogger

For this Blogger Tutorial I am going to show you how to number your comments in Blogger.  This tutorial only works with the Minima template.  For today's tutorial we are gonna take our comments from this
Blogger Tutorials


to this...
Blogger Tutorials

Let's start by heading to our dashboard!
Blogger Tutorials

Then let's click on layout
Blogger Tutorials

Now lets click on Edit HTML
Blogger Tutorials

Before we proceed any further, we MUST back up our Template.  I still do this!!!!  You never know when something crazy could happen.  It's best just to have a backup in case you need it, or in case... heaven forbid, you mess it up.
Blogger Tutorials

Now that our blog is backed up, we can carry on.  Check the Expand Widget Tempaltes box
Blogger Tutorials

Now it's code time... search and rescue!

Search for this code:



and just before it add in this code:




Then search for this code:



And directly beneath it paste this code:



Now search for this code:



And replace it with this code:



One last HTML code tweak, search for this code:



And just above it place this code:



That's it for code tweaking! If you messed up, EaZee PeaZee
Blogger Tutorials
 Or if you are ready to save, then Save!
Blogger Tutorials
If you saved and it didn't work, go back and upload your old template (which you downloaded at the start of this tutorial) and start over.

3 comments:

Daisygirl said...

this is a great tip, I am always afraid to mess with the template though...one of these days when I have time I will have to play with it!

MommyLovesStilettos said...

Thanks!!! I was wondering how to fix that!

Unknown said...

I am so gonna try that later tonight- I will make you proud- I swear ;-) So riddle me this batman, how do I get rid of a blog that I started- but never really started- but still hangs out on my profile ... you know, it was my attempt BEFORE I found you ;-)